San Diego, CA
Hello! We are Fitabase, a small and growing software-as-a-service technology company looking for a driven and entrepreneurial Executive Assistant to join our team and wrangle a million-and-one business needs. We are a fun and driven team, dedicated to making an impact by helping our great research customers. Fitabase is moving public health research forward.
In this role you will work as the right-hand assistant to our CEO/Owner, taking on many of the day-to-day business needs and being a critical partner in our continued growth. You will also work closely with our Customer Development Manager and assist with many of the interactions with our customers and partners. You’ll also help fill in creating quotes and responding to common support inquiries during some upcoming parental leave gaps this year, so clear communication and delighting customers are a must!
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Small company, big impact. You’ll be a key member of the success of our great business.
- Broad responsibilities and lots of great opportunities for a variety of experiences.
- Fast paced, but not insane paced. You’ll still have a life outside of work.
- We do good! We’re committed to helping move public health research forward, a mission you can feel great about too.
- You’ll join us in our beautiful new office in Normal Heights, close to cute shops and restaurants once it is safe to return to office work.
- Sit / standing desk. Choice of Mac or PC.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Manage many projects and priorities simultaneously.
- File and keep track of key business forms, permits, renewals, and certifications.
- Create budgets, track expenditures, and work with our accountant and CPA firm and generate regular reports.
- Filing state and federal tax reports and corrections.
- Working with external consultants and tracking / managing their expenses.
- Help refine and organize customer information in our CRM.
- Help answer emails and provide resources to customers in response to common questions and assist new customers with the materials they need to get started.
- Once we return to in-person work, manage maintenance and repair, ordering supplies, and additional decoration and the last touches at our newly remodeled and reconstructed 1920s craftsman styled office (formerly Adams Avenue Bookstore) in Normal Heights.
- Working with team members and key partners to draft and keep current web content using our backend CMS and social media updates.
- Managing payroll and benefits.
- Implementing a new organizational strategy for the company's digital and paper files.
- Assisting with logistics around yearly marketing and exhibiting, including print materials, booth enhancement, shipping, flight, and travel accommodations.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of entrepreneur Assistant or Administrative experience
- Technologically savvy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- QuickBooks software experience preferred
- Customer service mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Salary DOE
- 401k with employer matching, fully vested after 1st year.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Parental Leave
*Note: You must be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine when you are eligible. Proof of vaccination will be required to work onsite once office businesses are approved for reopening in San Diego County.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com